We’ve done so many things over the years. This timeline chronicles CMF’s milestones in helping to build the finest children’s hospital in the New York metropolitan area with the best state-of-the-art equipment to help diagnose young patients and provide the best treatment.
A group of Long Islanders join together to build “the finest children’s medical facility the hand and heart of man can devise.”
Judge Bertram Harnett presents a check of $1,043,000 to Irving Wharton, Chairman Emeritis, NSLIJ. This was the highest amount raised in single year.
$3,000,000 is donated to Schneider Children’s Hospital.
$500,000 is donated to the Pediatric Emergency Department.
$1,000,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
$1,000,000 is donated to Schneider Children’s Hospital.
$100,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
$1,000,000 is donated to help refurbish the Pediatric Emergency Department.
$80,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
$600,000 is donated to Schneider Children’s Hospital.
CMF reaches landmark of $20 million donated to Schneider Children’s Hospital.
$75,000 is donated to the Trauma Program.
$545,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
$1,000,000 is donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Center, Pediatric Urology Research Center, Child Life Program and Wilm’s Tumor.
$1,360,000 is donated to SCH to benefit the Child Life Program.
$136,250 is donated to the development of a new Child Advocacy Center.
$87,500 is donated to Child Psychiatry/Psychology.
$100,000 is donated to the 24 Hours SCH Doctors On Call Program.
An additional $1,231,538 is donated to help benefit lifesaving equipment, programs and research.
$1,450,299 is donated to SCH to support the Child Life Program.
$213,486 is donated to Pediatric Endocrinology.
$145,000 is donated to the Child Advocacy Center.
$165,000 is donated to the Cardiopulmonary Rescue Center.
$500,000 is donated to the Pediatric Ambulatory Center.
An additional $426,813 is donated to help benefit vital programs and research.
$3,000,000 is donated to the Hematology/Oncology Unit.
$2,000,000 is donated to the Childhood Advocacy Center, Pediatric Chemotherapy Center, and the purchasing of lifesaving ECMO machine.
$1,000,000 is donated to the hospital.
$561,840 is donated to the Child Life, Child Protection and Child Advocacy Programs.
$155,000 is donated to the Pulmonary Bronchoscopy Test Equipment.
$123,300 is donated for Neonatal Support.
An additional $1,070,463 is donated to help benefit other programs, research and equipment.
$1,000,000 is donated for the Child Life Program and for other programs and equipment.
$554,545 is donated to the Childhood Diabetes Program.
$182,600 is donated to the Pediatric Urondynamics Lab.
$324,600 is donated to the Institute for Pediactic Neuro/Oncology Research.
$80,000 is donated for an In-Line Blood Gas Analyzer for the NICU.
$48,000 is donated for infant warmers with scales.
An additional $173,000 is donated.
$1,500,000 is donated to the Child Life Program plus other programs and equipment.
$1,000,000 is anonymously donated to the hospital.
$1,700,000 is anonymously donated to the hospital.
$6,000,000 is donated for the Pediatric Emergency Department and the Child Life Program.
$800,000 is donated to the Pediatric Emergency Department.
$500,000 is donated to the Hematology/Oncology Renovation.
$200,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
$5,000,000 is donated to Children’s Medical Fund Center for Pediatric Diagnostic Studies.
$20,000 is donated for iPads, blankets, Pillow Pets, pizza parties, and ear buds.
$400,000 is donated to the Child Life Program.
Committed $10 million dollars towards the building of the CMF Center for Pediatric Diagnostic Studies
The Child Life Endowment is created with a gift of $262,000 to ensure that the Child Life Program at CCMC will be in existence for generations to come.
Grand Opening of the CMF Center for Pediatric Diagnostic Studies… One of our greatest achievements!
CMF Programs at Work
CMFNY’s efforts have contributed to numerous programs at the hospital including:
- ADHD Program
- Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Cancer Center
- Center for H.O.P.E.
- Child Advocacy Center
- Childhood Asthma
- Childhood Diabetes
- Child Life Program
- Child Protection Center
- Cleft Palate Program
- CMF Center for Pediatric Diagnostic Studies
- Cystic Fibrosis Center
- Cardiopulmonary Rescue Center
- “Docs” on Call
- Emergency Room and Trauma Program
- ECMO in Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Handicapped Children
- Heart and Lung Center
- Heather On Earth Music Therapy Program
- Hematology/Oncology Surgical Support
- Institute for Allergies
- Institute for Childhood Asthma
- Institute for Pediatric Neuro-OncologyNeonatal/Perinatal
- Nephrology – Dialysis Quality of Life Service
- Neurology EEG Lab
- NICU Brain Cooling Program
- Pediatric Ambulatory Center
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Emergency Department
- Pediatric Urodynamics Lab
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Research
- Pet Therapy
- Post Operative Transport Program
- Neurology EEG Lab
- “SCH” On Call Sleep Disorders Program
- SIDS Research Urgicenter
- Valet Parking
- Westhampton Tertiary
And also Equipment Purchased
Thanks to CMFNY’s fundraising efforts, the following vital pieces of equipment have been provided to the hospital:
- Abott Cell-Dyn 4000 Analyzer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Specimen Freezer
- Brain Cooling Units
- Continuous Performance Testing System (ADHD)
- Critical Care Cobe Pump
- Critical Care Bis Monitor
- EKG Machine
- Endoscopic Monitoring System
- Extracaporeal Membrane Oxygenation Unit
- FACSCalibur Machine
- Gastroenterology Menometry
- Gastroenterology – PH Probe Recorder
- ICU Post-Op Transport Monitoring System
- Infant Warmer with Scales
- Intensive Care Unit Sleep Apnea Equipment
- Insulin Pump Therapy Program
- Laptop Computers, iPads, Playstations/TV/VCRs
- Metabolic Breath Analyzer
- Metabolic Cart (Crohn’s disease)
- Neonatal ICU Artificial Lung Test
- Neonatal ICU Inline Blood Gas Analyzers
- Neonatal ICU Transport Monitor
- Neonatal ICU Humidification
- Neonatal ICU Closed-Circuit TV
- Neonatal ICU Digital Photography
- Neonatal ICU Nasal CPAP
- Neonatal ICU Procedure Bed
- Neonatal ICU Transport Carrier System
- Neonatal ICU Transcutaneous Monitors
- Nitric Oxide Analyzer
- Parent Sleeper Chairs
- Phototherapy Lights
- Pediatric ICU – Nerve Stimulators
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – Novametric CO2 Monitors
- Pediatric ICU – Zoll Transport Monitor
- Prisma System – Renal Replacement Therapy
- Pulmonary Bronchoscopy Test Equipment
- Sedation Chair with Monitor
- Stress Test Equipment